Albert Fish The Infamous serial killer

il 340x270.1435978361 6ai5
il 340x270.1435978361 6ai5

Hamilton Howard Albert Fish was from May 19, 1870 to January 16, 1936 and was an American serial killer. He had many titles such as Gray Man, the Werewolf of Wysteria, the Brooklyn Vampire, the Moon Maniac and The Boogey Man. A child rapist and cannibal, he boasted that he “had children in every state,” and at one time put the figure at around one

hundred However, it is now not clear whether he was speaking about rapes or cannibalization, less nevertheless whether he was once telling the truth. Albert Fish was suspected in at least five murders in his lifespame. Fish confessed to three murders that police have been capable to trace to a regarded homicide, and he confessed to stabbing at least two other people. He was put on trial for the kidnapping and homicide of Grace Budd, and was convicted and executed via electric chair.

Albert Fish


Early life of Albert Fish


Albert Fish was born Hamilton Howard in Washington, on 19 of May, 1870, to Ellen and Randall Fish (1795–1875). His mother was born in Ireland. He said that he was named after Hamilton Fish, a distant relative. His father used to be forty three years older than his mom and 75 years historical at the time of his birth. Fish was once the youngest child and had three residing siblings: Walter, Annie, and Edwin Fish. He wished to be known as “Albert” after a useless sibling and to escape the nickname “Ham & Eggs” that he was once given at an orphanage in which he spent much of his childhood.

His family had a records of mental illness. His uncle suffered from non secular mania. A brother was placed in the state intellectual hospital. His sister was identified with a “mental affliction”. Three other relatives have been identified with mental ailments and his mom had “aural and/or visual hallucinations”. His father had been a river boat captain, however through 1870 he was once a fertilizer manufacturer. The elder one died in 1875 at the Pennsylvania Railroad in Washington. Of a myocardial infarction. Fish’s mother then put him into Saint John’s Orphanage in Washington, where he was regularly handled sadistically. He started to revel in the bodily pain that the beatings brought. When he was in orphanage, Fish remarked, “I used to be there until I was almost nine, and that’s the place I got began wrong. We have been unmercifully whipped. I saw boys doing many matters they need to no longer have done.”

Albert Fish

By 1880, his mother had a authorities job and was once able to remove Fish from the orphanage. At the age of 12, in 1882, he began a relationship with a telegraph boy. The youth introduced Fish to such practices as drinking urine and eating feces. Albert Fish began to visit public baths where he could watch other boys nude, and spent a great portion of his weekends on these visits.

Throughout his lifestyles this serial killer would write obscene letters to women whose names he acquired from labeled advertising and matrimonial agencies.

By 1890, Fish had arrived in New York City, and he said he grew to be a male prostitute. He additionally stated he began raping younger boys, a crime he stored committing even after his mom organized a marriage. In 1898, Fish was married to a female nine years youthful than him. Albert Fish had six children named as Albert, Anna, Gertrude, Eugene, John, and Henry Fish.

Albert Fish serial killer


First incarceration of the serial killer

Throughout 1898 he worked as a house painter. He said he continued molesting children, mostly younger boys under the age of six. He later recounted an incident in which a male lover took him to a waxworks museum, where Fish was involved via a bisection of a penis. After that he grew to be obsessed with castration. During a relationship with a mentally retarded man, Fish tried to castrate him after tying him up. The man’s screams frightened Fish and he fled after leaving him a $10 bill. Fish then increased the frequency of his visits to brothels, where he engaged in sadomasochism. In 1903, he was arrested for embezzlement and was once sentenced to incarceration in Sing Sing.


In January of 1917, Fish’s spouse left him for John Straube, a handyman who boarded with the Fish family. Fish then had to elevate his children as a single parent.

After that he began to have auditory hallucinations. He once wrapped himself up in an area rug, saying that he used to be following the instructions of John the Apostle.

It was once round this time that Fish commenced to indulge in self-harm. He would self-embed needles into his groin. After his arrest, when X-rays was performed it revealed that Fish had at least 29 needles lodged in his pelvic region. Albert Fish also hit himself with a nail-studded paddle and inserted wool doused with lighter fluid into his anus and set it on fire repeatedly.